ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION SYSTEMS FOR THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
For more than 40 years, Icam has been working in the environmental remediation field, specializing in AIR and NOISE pollution abatement. Operating in various industrial sectors, the company designs, builds and installs turnkey systems. Engineers and consultants assist customers in designing solutions that provide the best results while keeping down costs. Areas of activity include:
• Extraction, ventilation and dedusting systems (EX) • Gas, fume and odour extraction systems (EX) • Industrial noise control
Specifically for the chemical industry, the company has designed dust and volatile compound extraction systems for high-profile customers.
These systems include:
• Packed scrubbers with reactive packing for reactor vents and silos that are used, for example, in the production of additives for cements and resins.
• Hose filters and cartridgefilters for dusts from compounds that are used in rubber and plastic mixtures, including ATEX applications.
• Activated carbon filters – the filter medium is selected based on the substance to be removed; other impregnating agents may be added to improve the efficiency and the adsorption spectrum. The activated carbon filters can be regenerated in-situ using a patented stripping system (regenerative combustion system PDC)
• Combustion systems – a valid abatement solution for air streams containing volatile organic compounds having high flow rates and low concentrations (1500 mg/Nm3).
In addition, ICAM has worked with regulatory agencies to promote conferences and seminars that focus on ATEX-related issues in the work environment, with the aim of providing important technical information that permits a better understanding of the regulations.